The Memorial Trust fund was established in 1964 to provide for the administration of gifts and legacies left in perpetual memory to Knox.
There are 9 capital funds, 8 of which have been established for specific purposes by the donors.
Throughout the rich history of Knox, the provisions of those who came before have ensured that the spirit of the Lord continues to flow through and emanate from our beautiful historic building and our vibrant congregation.
The investment income earned on the capital is available for distribution by the Trustees and has been dispersed to support many inreach and outreach Initiatives.
- Kerr Street Ministries – Sponsorship of the chapel and financial support for Christmas on Lakeshore.
- Cary Cymbaluk – Mission trip to Pan African Christian University, Nairobi Kenya.
- Youth for Christ Canada – Support for Mission work in Costa Rica.
- Evangel Hall Mission – Support for the establishment of dental services clinic.
- Crief Hills –Financial support for the building expansion.
- Knox College – Multi-year financial support
- Jobat Christian Hospital India – Financial assistance for the purchase of diagnostic. equipment
- Camp Cairn – Financial support for underprivileged children to attend Christian summer camp.
- Ground Level Café – Financial support to sustain day-to-day operations.
- Presbyterian World Service and Development - Haiti disaster relief.
- Youth Mission – Assistance in sponsoring a Knox youth with a mission trip to Trinidad.
- Education Funding – Financial support for an adult student becoming a minister of word and sacrament.
In addition, the Trust has provided funding internally for Christian Education, the Building Reserve Fund and the Preserving Our Heritage initiative.